The hose slings, or circular slings, are made of polyester. For this reason, they have similar properties and application to webbing slings. However, there are slight differences between them. When is it worth using hose slings?
Features of slings made of polyester
The hose slings are made of polyester. The most important advantages of polyester slings, including hose slings, are, for example:
- low own weight with high lifting capacity,
- high flexibility,
- possibility of very easy and quick assembly,
- no destructive impact on the cargo,
- no attachment points, fastening only with a load strapping,
- high resistance to the negative effects of liquids such as acids, oils and greases.
Despite the undoubted advantages, the disadvantages are also noticeable:
- possible mechanical damage of the slings,
- operation at a maximum temperature of 100oC,
- low resistance to alkali.
Features of hose slings
Compared to the webbing slings, the surface of the hose counterparts is smoother …